- September 28, 2019
- Posted by: M.Desire
- Category: Job, News
Job Position: Part time lawyer
Contract period: 4 months
Based: Country wide
AERG (Association des Etudiants et Eleves Rescapés Du Genocide) is an association of student survivors of genocide created in 1996 at the National University of Rwanda. AERG is represented nationally in 44 Universities and institutions of higher learning and secondary school . AERG Received a grant from the legal Aid Forum of Rwanda and Survivors Fund to implement a legal aid and counselling project providing legal education to students in institutions of higher learning and survivors communities in Southern Rwanda, Kigali City and Eastern Rwanda.
- Represent clients in criminal and civil litigation and other legal proceedings,
- Draw up legal documents, or manage or advise clients on legal transactions.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies.
- Conducting mediation between the parties in dispute in case of wish of the both parties
Lawyer typically do the following :
- Advise and represent clients in courts. Before government agencies , and in private matters
- Communicate with their clients and others and others
- Interpret laws, rulings , and regulations for individuals and businesses
- Presents facts in writing and verbally to their clients or others and argue on their behalf
- Prepare and file legal documents , such as lawsuits , appeals, wills , contracts and deeds
- Conduct research and analysis of legal problems
- Provide the report of their cases represented
Qualifications and Person Specification
- A Bachelor’s degree in law with Experience of more than 2 years in legal practice as a lawyer
- Demonstrate an interest in assisting, representing or guiding clients
- Confident and positive, approachable and sensitive to the needs of survivors
- Highly organized and able to analyze legal matters
- Proactive and ability to self-direct own work
- A willingness to be flexible according to the demands of the Organization
Skills and Experience
- Experience and confidence working with legal aid it is advantage
- Experience working with different categories of people especial youth and other vulnerable survivors community
- Experience working with vulnerable groups preferred
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage own time
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation to demonstrate project impact
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should apply online via this email, email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com ,
- Application letter addressed to AERG Coordinator
- Detailed CV and Identification Card and Advocate card
- Only those who shortlisted will be contacted.
- Deadline to receive application is 5 th October 2019 at 5:00 pm.