- July 7, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Job, News
Job Title: Counselor
Based: Southern Province, Gisagara District
Reporting to: Project coordinator
Counselor is responsible for facilitating group in community peoples of Gisagara district especially on SGBV and Child abuse, family conflict focusing on their well-being and mental health. The purpose is to provide a safe space for them to share their experiences and hopes and fears for the future, find ways to overcome challenges they face, and support each other in understanding how to lead more productive, self-sufficient lives
Duties: < /strong>
- To participate in a briefing and training session before the programme starts.
- To contribute ideas to continually improve and develop the counselling activities for community peoples and Child abuse
- To liaise and consult with other project staff to ensure the smooth running of project activities.
- To travel to different places within the district to facilitate community peoples and child abuse
- To provide individual counselling sessions for the community peoples and child abuse where needed
- To make links with mental health and physical health support services in the region and sign post members to existing services when necessary
- To participate in supervision sessions in Kigali once a quarter.
- To keep accurate notes of all counselling activities
- To provide continuous opportunities for group members to provide feedback and suggestions, which will help improve and develop the counselling activities.
- To be aware of all elements of the project (e.g. legal services) to ensure you can accurately support the project beneficiary
Qualifications and Person Specification
- University qualification in clinical psychology or counselling
- At least 2 years’ experience in counselling activities.
- To have good knowledge of the needs and challenges faced by community peoples/ SGB and child abuse in Rwanda
- To have good knowledge of the (mental) health care system in Rwanda and the different ways to access support
- To be willing to work in a non-judgemental way and to be respectful of difference.
- To keep high standards of confidentiality
- To be willing to be flexible and develop or adjust the programme depending on the needs of the group members
- To be resourceful and creative to ensure the activities are successful and meaningful to its members
- To be self motivated and organised.
Skills and Experience
- Experience and confidence in facilitating therapeutic groups
- Excellent listening skills and sensitivity to different topics
- Creativity and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and manage time
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda and English
How to Apply
– Interested candidates should apply online via this email, firstname.lastname@example.org, give a copy to Jnnsanzumuhire63@gmail.com ; for more information contact 0783016783.
– Application letter addressed to AERG Coordinator
– Remember to attach your CV and ID card photocopy
– Deadline to receive application is 14th, July 2017 at 10am. Only candidate selected shall be contacted for interview exam on 14th July, 2017