- March 6, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Announcements, Job
AERG (Association des Etudiants Et Elèves Réscapés du Genocide) is an association of student survivors of genocide against Tutsi, founded in 1996 at the National University of Rwanda. Now AERG represent 43 Universities and higher learning institution and over 484 secondary schools in Rwanda, with a total country-wide membership of 43000. The main mission of AERG is to connect and represent all student survivors in higher learning or attending secondary school. AERG is now dedicated to providing financial support, morale boosting activities and fighting genocide ideology and ensuring that students overcome trauma, homelessness and financial problems as well as to advocate for the ongoing needs of survivors, supporting them in education, with economic issues and onwards towards a productive life.
To reach his mission AERG would like to recruit qualified and motivated one staff to fill in the following positions:
Job title: AERG Executive Secretary
Based: AERG Headquarter, Kigali (Nyanza)
This position is full-time
1) AERG Executive committee:
Works with AERG Executive committee in order to fulfill the organization mission
• Responsible for leading AERG in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the AERG Executive committee.
• Responsible for communicating effectively with the AERG Executive committee and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for AERG Executive committee to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Organization Mission and Strategy:
Works with AERG Executive committee and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
• Responsible for implementation of its programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
• Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that AERG can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
• Responsible for the enhancement of AERG’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
3) Organization Operations.
Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
• Responsible effective administration of AERG operations.
• Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
• Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Actual Job Responsibilities:
1. Planning and operation of annual budget.
2. Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
3. Serving as AERG’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
4. Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance AERG’s Mission.
5. Report to and work closely with AERG Executive committee to seek their involvement in policy decisions and fundraising.
6. Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
7. Strategic planning and implementation.
8. Oversee organization committee meetings.
9. Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
10. Review and approve contracts for services.
11. Other duties as assigned by the AERG Executive committee.
• A bachelor’s degree
• Transparent and high integrity leadership
• Two or more years senior nonprofit management experience
• Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
• Ability to convey a vision of AERG’s strategic future to staff, AERG committee, volunteers and donors
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
• Skills to collaborate with and motivate AERG committee and other volunteers
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
• Strong public speaking ability
• Fluent in English and French (This will be tested)
How to Apply
• Interested candidates should send the application letter, CV and Degree in one document via this email firstname.lastname@example.org or Hard Copy at AERG Headquarter at Nyanza (Kicukiro)
Due to anticipated interest in these posts, only those who will follow application procedure and those that will be shortlisted will be contacted.
Deadline to receive application is 13 March 2017 at 5:00pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.