- February 20, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Announcements, Job
AERG (Association des Etudiants ET Élèves Rescapés Du Genocide) is an association of student survivors of genocide against Tutsi, founded in 1996 at the National University of Rwanda. Now AERG represent 43 Universities and higher learning institution and over 400 secondary schools in Rwanda, with a total country-wide membership of 43,397. The main mission of AERG is to connect and represent all student survivors in higher learning or attending secondary school. AERG is now dedicated to providing financial support, morale boosting activities and fighting genocide ideology and ensuring that students overcome trauma, homelessness and financial problems as well as to advocate for the ongoing needs of survivors, supporting them in education, with economic issues and onwards towards a productive life.
To reach its mission AERG would like to recruit qualified and motivated one staff to fill in the following positions:
Job title: Kitchen Manager (1 position)
Based: AERG Hostel, Kigali
This position is full-time
The candidate will be highly motivated and show good leadership and food preparation qualities, will have at least 1 years’ experience in a commercial kitchen and willing to work weekends.
• Responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen
• Provides professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel
• Maintains a safe, ordered, and clean kitchen
• Demonstrates this by example, using proper food-handling techniques
• Assist with menu planning
• Ensures kitchen and storage areas are kept clean and organized
• Product Ordering
• Staff Scheduling
• At least A2 in Hotel Restaurant Management or professional training or good level of cooking and production experience
• Understanding of proper use of major kitchen equipment like refrigeration…
• A minimum of 1 years working in a food preparation/supervisory position
• Commitment to quality service and food knowledge
• Serve Safe or other recognized hygiene qualification required
Skills / Aptitudes:
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills and team working
• Flexible and changing working hours
• Excellent meal plan
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
To be successful, you’ll need to have:
• At least A2 Certificate in Hotel and Restaurant Management or other certificate related
• Experience of 1 years working in Hotel and Restaurant industry
• Hard working ability.
How to Apply
• Interested candidates should send the application letter, CV and Degree in one document via this email: email@example.com or Hard Copy at AERG Headquarter at Nyanza (Kicukiro)
Deadline to receive application is 26 February 2017 at 5:00pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.