AERG (Association des Etudiants Et Éleves Rescapés Du Genocide) is an association of student survivors of genocide against Tutsi, founded in 1996 at the National University of Rwanda. Now AERG represent 43 Universities and higher learning institution and over 400 secondary schools in Rwanda, with a total country-wide membership of 43,397. The main mission of AERG is to connect and represent all student survivors in higher learning or attending secondary school. AERG is now dedicated to providing financial support, morale boosting activities and fighting genocide ideology and ensuring that students overcome trauma, homelessness and financial problems as well as to advocate for the ongoing needs of survivors, supporting them in education, with economic issues and onwards towards a productive life. To reach his mission AERG would like to recruit qualified and motivated one staff to fill in the following positions:
Job title: A nurse (1 position)
Based: AERG Hostel, Kigali
This position is full-time
He/She will work as part of the management team responsible for looking after all of the needs of patients,
• Taking blood, testing blood pressure, body temperature and heart rate, giving injections, and administering any medication prescribed by the doctors,
• Build relationships with patients and be observant enough to detect any changes in health;
• He/She often be called upon to comfort people in pain or anguish, and you will sometimes be asked to accompany patients at hospital.
• He/ She will usually be required to spend working hours at hostel and being available during the nights and weekends if needed.
• He or She will also be required to live as near the hostel as possible.
KEY RESPONSABILITIES, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Highly skilled in assessing, documenting and coordinating, patient care in keeping with facility and hostel protocols;
• Communicating and collaborating with patients, Hostel management team, and other health care professionals for achieving quality in patient care
• Thorough understanding of assessing patients to recognize suitable nursing interventions
• Solid track record of providing exceptional patient care
• Able to handle emergency situations in an opportune and safe manner
• Well-versed in administering medications and treatments as prescribed by Doctors
• Able to respond to the requirements of the adolescent and adult patients living in Hostel and visitors
• Hands-on experience in handling diagnostic and imaging equipment
• Demonstrated ability to counsel students living in hostel and the management team
• Proven team-building abilities to create a consistent and productive environment
• Extremely proficient in recording patient data, and creating customized reports
• Maintain patient confidentiality
• Perform any other duties assigned by AERG.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
• To be successful, you’ll need to have:
• At least A2 degree in nursing
• Experience of at least 2 years working in public or Private health institution
• Experience in working with youth.
• Good computer literacy, especially MS Excel and MS word
• Hard working ability.
How to Apply
• Interested candidates should send the application letter, CV and Degree in one document via this email email@example.com or Hard Copy at AERG Headquarter at Nyanza (Kicukiro)
Due to anticipated interest in these posts, only those who will follow application procedure and those that will be shortlisted will be contacted.
Deadline to receive application is 23 February 2017 at 5:00pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.