- August 10, 2016
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Announcements, Job
AERG (Association des Etudiants Et ÉlevesRescapés Du Genocide) is an association of student survivors of genocide created in 1996 at the National University of Rwanda. Now AERG is represented nationally at 43 Universities and institutes of higher learning and over 400 secondary schools in Rwanda, with a total country-wide membership of 43,397. The main mission of AERG is to connect and represent all student survivors in higher learning or attending secondary school. AERG is now dedicated to providing financial support, morale boosting activities and support systems, fighting genocide ideology and ensuring that students overcome trauma, homelessness and financial problems as well as to advocate for the ongoing needs of survivors, supporting them in education, with economic issues and onwards towards a productive life. To reach his mission AERG would like to recruit qualified and motivated two staff to fill in the following positions:
Job title: ELE –IMBEREHEZA Project Coordinator (1 position)
Based: AERG South Office, Huye, Rwanda
This position is full-time
Project: Empowering Secondary School Leavers to Secure and Sustain Employment in Rwanda (ELE –IMBEREHEZA)
ELE will reduce the extreme poverty and hunger experienced by young survivors and their dependents, by ensuring they have the skills, resources and confidence to generate income. This will be achieved by AERG by facilitating training to develop viable livelihoods, empower the target group to access legal and health services, and access capital for the establishment of new businesses.
Entrepreneurship training will be the foundation upon which all other project activities will be built. This training will involve work readiness skills, basic business and banking skills, and accessing quality employment in the Rwandan context.
Job Purpose: The Regional Coordinator is the one who heads the provincial office and coordinates the activities of the ELE project in the region. The Regional Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Kigali-based Programme Manager and oversee the staff to ensure smooth implementation of project activities. He or
she maintains good relationships with partners, local leaders and other organizations.
- To plan and coordinate all the activities carried out in the province
- To program, supervise and control the workers recruited in the province
- To reach better and effective execution of the activities in order to achieve the set goals and have good results in that province
- To coordinate the activities of making and transmission of progress reports of the activities carried out in the province for the fixed periods: weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports
- To facilitate the arrangement of the meetings of the members of that province
- To oversee the development of IGA groups, counseling groups and legal sensitization support.
- To effectively manage the regional assets and the office
- To organize conversations, debates and discussion on different issues that the target group face in order to integrate and consider their needs for plans of action.
- To represent the association in the meetings organized by other partners in that region so as to link AERG intervention programs with other organization’s programs
- To advocate on behalf of AERG members to other organisations and local leaders so that solutions can be found for the challenges they face.
- To set plans with an objective of training the association workers so that they can perform their duties efficiently and perfectly, and ensure that this is done by monitoring this activity
- To analyze the performance of workers in relation to the requirements defined in the contract
- To centralize all the reports coming from the IGA, legal and counselling staff
- To monitor financial accounting and report financial updates to the AERG head office.
- To make monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- To conduct any other duty assigned to him or her by the Programme Manager
Qualifications and Person Specification:
- Relevant bachelor degree in economics, management, rural development and any other relatives field
- Should have at least two years experience in administration of NGO programs and Projects
- Have experience managing others and working in donor-funded programs.
- Must have knowledge in research methods and monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrate an interest in guiding others to build their capacity
- Confident and assertive, approachable and sensitive to the needs of survivors
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload
- Proactive and ability to self-direct own work
- A willingness to be flexible according to the demands of the organisation
Skills and experience
- Experience and confidence working NGOs
- Experience working with income generation for vulnerable groups
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage own time
- Microsoft Office, excel, powerpoint and general office skills
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation to demonstrate project impact
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda
Job title: A nurse (1 position)
Based: AERG Hostel ( ONE DOLLAR COMPANY COMPLEX ) ,Kigali
This position is full-time
- He/She will work as part of the management team responsible for looking after all of the needs of patients,
- Taking blood, testing blood pressure, body temperature and heart rate, giving injections, and administering any medication prescribed by the doctors,
- Build relationships with patients and be observant enough to detect any changes in health;
- He/She often be called upon to comfort people in pain or anguish, and you will sometimes be asked to accompany patients at hospital.
- He/ She will usually be required to spend working hours at hostel and being available during the nights and weekends if needed.
- He or She will also be required to live as near the hostel as possible.
KEY RESPONSABILITIES, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Highly skilled in assessing, documenting and coordinating, patient care in keeping with facility and hostel protocols;
- Communicating and collaborating with patients, Hostel management team, and other health care professionals for achieving quality in patient care
- Thorough understanding of assessing patients to recognize suitable nursing interventions
- Solid track record of providing exceptional patient care
- Able to handle emergency situations in an opportune and safe manner
- Well-versed in administering medications and treatments as prescribed by Doctors
- Able to respond to the requirements of the adolescent and adult patients living in Hostel and visitors
- Hands-on experience in handling diagnostic and imaging equipment
- Demonstrated ability to counsel students living in hostel and the management team
- Proven team-building abilities to create a consistent and productive environment
- Extremely proficient in recording patient data, and creating customized reports
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Perform any other duties assigned by AERG.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- To be successful, you’ll need to have:
- At least A1 degree in nursing
- Experience of at least 2 years working in public or Private health institution
- Experience in working with youth.
- Good computer literacy, especially MS Excel and MS word
- Hard working ability.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should send the application letter online via this email email@example.com
- Remember to attach your CV and Degree
- Due to anticipated interest in these posts, only those who will follow application procedure and those that will be shortlisted will be contacted.
- Deadline to receive application is 19 August 2016 at 5:00pm.