- March 4, 2015
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Announcements, Job
Job title: Regional Project Coordinator
Based: AERG South Office, Huye Rwanda
Reporting to:Programme Manager (ELE)
This position is full-time
AERG (Association des Etudiants Et Éleves Rescapés Du Genocide) is an association of student survivors of genocide created in 1996 at the former National University of Rwanda. Now AERG is represented nationally at 38 Universities and institutes of higher learning and 480 secondary schools in Rwanda, with a total country-wide membership of 43,397. The main mission of AERG is to represent all student survivors involved in higher learning or attending secondary school. AERG is now dedicated to providing financial support, morale boosting activities and support systems, fighting genocide ideology and ensuring that students overcome trauma, homelessness and financial problems as well as to advocate for the ongoing needs of survivors, supporting them in education, with economic issues and onwards towards a productive life.
Project: Empowering Secondary School Leavers to Secure and Sustain Employment in Rwanda (ELE)
ELE will reduce the extreme poverty and hunger experienced by young survivors and their dependents, by ensuring they have the skills, resources and confidence to generate income. This will be achieved by AERG by facilitating training to develop viable livelihoods, empower the target group to access legal and health services, and access capital for the establishment of new businesses.
Entrepreneurship training will be the foundation upon which all other project activities will be built. This training will involve work readiness skills, basic business and banking skills, and accessing quality employment in the Rwandan context.
Job Purpose: The Regional Coordinator is the one who heads the provincial office and coordinates the activities of the ELE project in the region. The Regional Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Kigali-based Programme Manager and oversee the staff to ensure smooth implementation of project activities. He or she maintains good relationships with partners, local leaders and other organizations.
To plan and coordinate all the activities carried out in the province
To program, supervise and control the workers recruited in the province
To reach better and effective execution of the activities in order to achieve the set goals and have good results in that province
To coordinate the activities of making and transmission of progress reports of the activities carried out in the province for the fixed periods: weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports
To facilitate the arrangement of the meetings of the members of that province
To oversee the development of IGA groups, counseling groups and legal sensitization support.
To effectively manage the regional assets and the office
To organize conversations, debates and discussion on different issues that the target group face in order to integrate and consider their needs for plans of action.
To represent the association in the meetings organized by other partners in that region so as to link AERG intervention programs with other organization’s programs
To advocate on behalf of AERG members to other organisations and local leaders so that solutions can be found for the challenges they face.
To set plans with an objective of training the association workers so that they can perform their duties efficiently and perfectly, and ensure that this is done by monitoring this activity
To analyze the performance of workers in relation to the requirements defined in the contract
To centralize all the reports coming from the IGA, legal and counselling staff
To monitor financial accounting and report financial updates to the AERG head office.
To make monthly, quarterly and annual reports
To conduct any other duty assigned to him or her by the Programme Manager
Qualifications and Person Specification:
- Relevant bachelors degree in economics, management,rural development and any other relented fields
- Should have at least three years experience in administration of NGO programs.
- Have experience manageing others and working in donor-funded programs.
- Must have knowledge in research methods and monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrate an interest in guiding others to build their capacity
- Confident and assertive, approachable and sensitive to the needs of survivors
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload
- Proactive and ability to self-direct own work
- A willingness to be flexible according to the demands of the organisation
Skills and experience
- Experience and confidence working with micro-finance institutions
- Experience working with income generation for vulnerable groups
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage own time
- Microsoft Office, excel, powerpoint and general office skills
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation to demonstrate project impact
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda
How to Apply
- Interested candidate should apply online via this email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach your CV and Application letter
- Due to anticipated interest in these posts, only those who will follow application procedure and those that will be shortlisted will be contacted.
- Deadline to receive application is Tuesday 10th March 2015 at 5:00pm.